Lake Wales Medical Center employees continue to miss a co-worker who was killed in the #Pulse shooting in Orlando. Now, they have something special to remember her.
Rick Elmhorst has more on this story this evening on Bay News 9.
After months of construction and the successful conclusion of the Preserve the Legacy, Steward the Future capital campaign, Bok Tower Gardens comes into full bloom with the opening of several highly anticipated garden areas. The grand opening celebration day for the Pollinator Garden, Hammock Hollow Children’s Garden, Wild Garden, Outdoor Kitchen, and Edible Garden will be Saturday, September 10.
The Gardens will open at 8 a.m. and general admission will be FREE for this historic event.
The celebration will begin at 10 a.m. with a special ribbon cutting dedication and remarks from Gardens’ president David Price, Board of Directors Chair Cindy Alexander, Board of Directors Vice Chair Dr. Tomas Bok, and Dr. Nick Place, Dean and Director of University of Florida/IFAS Extension. Keeping with the theme of celebrating the future, children will be invited to commemorate the ribbon cutting moment with a native pollinator release.
The day will also feature culinary demonstrations in the Outdoor Kitchen with special guest Tyler Zager, a Florida native and recent winner of the Food Network’s Kids BBQ Championship along with a full schedule of special activities, music and demonstrations.
Schedule of Events for Grand Opening Celebration
· Nature guides and educators, animal encounters, live music, Native American demonstrations, creative play activities and more in the Hammock Hollow Children’s Garden from 10:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
· Guided tours of the Wild Garden at 11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m.
· Interpretive guides in the Pollinator & Edible Garden from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
· Hands-on science projects in the Alexander Discovery Center from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
· Cooking demonstrations by guest chefs in the Outdoor Kitchen at 11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. & 2:30 p.m.
· Live carillon concerts featuring childhood music favorites at 1:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m.
For more information, visit: boktowergardens.org/calendar/grand-opening-celebration/
Capernaum Lakeside Lodge recently opened the elegantly renovated historic facility. They will be hosting a Business After Hours in September and Chamber members can be prepared to be blown away by the beautiful Lakefront facility that is now booking events. Rooms are also available for overnight guests and they are taking dinner reservations. Call them for more information (863) 439-1080 ... See MoreSee Less